Chiboost will help you troubleshoot your LoL client lags. Please follow this steps one by one and before you get to the end of the article your lag should be gone! 🙂
Step 1 of Lag fix for LoL client
The first step is clicking gear at the right top corner of lol client and making sure to check this check boxes:
- Enable low spec mode
- Close client during game
Step 2 – updating your drivers
You can download newest drivers here:
If you are unsure of model of your graphics card or manufacturer you can check it by following this steps:
Press [Windows Key] + R (this will open up a “Run” window)
Type dxdiag and then hit Enter.
Select the Display tab.
Note the name and manufacturer of your card in the top left corner of the window.
Step 3 – Lower resolution
Click the gear in right top corner and change the windows size to 1280×720 resolution. According to Riot Games the LoL client works best with this setting.
Step 4 – Close other processes
League of Legends client is built using chromium so its actually a modified version of web browser, because of that it’s very CPU and RAM itensive and in some cases requires better hardware to run than the actual game.
- Before starting the client press ctrl+shift+escape and click performance
- Sort the processes by CPU / RAM and close programs that are using a lot of resources and aren’t needed. Make sure to not close windows services or processes.
Step 5 – Turn on high performance
A lot of users are running their machines using default power settings. They are optimal for most users, but sometimes you want to squeeze some extra power from your machine. This lag fix should be especially effective on laptops.
- On windows 10, right click your desktop and choose display settings
- Choose power&sleep from the left side menu
- Click Additional power options from the right side bar.
- Choose high performance as your power plan. (it might be inside additional power plans)
Keep in mind changing these setting will change when your PC disables your display and goes to sleep.
Step 6 – Is your drive full?
Make sure your drives aren’t full and that there is at least 10 GB of free space. Computers use the free space for temporary files and sometimes use the extra space as a backup memory for running some applications. If there isn’t enough space do some cleaning and check how your client runs now.
Step 7 – Time to reinstall
If your Operating System is over 3-4 years old i would recommend to reinstall it to make sure that your machine is working properly.
League of Legends code is much more flawed than any operating system and a lot of users report bug that makes client the game lag at random times. An easy fix for this issue is just uninstall LoL and then do a clear reinstall, it usually fixes most of the rpoblems.
Step 8 – Make sure your PC is up to the task
League of Legends is a constantly updating game with new graphics and features added to the completely outdated game engine, because of this it’s requirements can change rapidly from patch to patch.
These are recommended settings for running LoL. Riot claims that minimum requirements are even lower but from my experience that’s bullshit.
- 3 GHz dual-core processor
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM for Windows Vista and higher)
- 16 GB available hard disk space
- Nvidia GeForce 8800/AMD Radeon HD 5670 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB or higher Video Memory(VRAM))
- Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 with the latest service pack installed
- The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft
I hope that if you are reading this your LoL client lags are resolved and you are free to climb the ladder as intented!
Good luck summoner!